Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

What's up, Doc?

This morning Mommy and Daddy took me to see Dr. Pritchard for my nine month check-up even though I'm ten months old. She put this thing in her ears and it had tubes that came to a circle thing that she put on my chest. It was cold. She said she was listening to my heart. I couldn't see the heart she was talking about. Then she put it on my tummy. Then she put it on my back and listened to my lungs. I didn't know I had lungs on my back. I can't see my back though so I believe what I'm told. Dr. Pritchard looked at my eyes with a light. She also looked at those things that stick out on the sides of my head. Then she stuck a popsicle stick (without the popsicle!) in my mouth. She smiled at me and said I looked good.

The nurse weighed me. Sixteen pounds. She measured my height. 28 inches. My head is 17 1/2 inches around. I hope these are all good numbers. I got lots of smiles so that must be a good sign.

I got poked with a sharp thing in my finger and red stuff came out. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to cry. A doctor took the red stuff. I don't know where it went. I got a blue bandage wrapped around my finger for my owie. Daddy held me and told me I did a good job. I later tried to eat my bandage.

1 comment:

Grow up please said...

Yoshimi,

I'm sure you have been told this alot (as well as had strangers come up to you and put their ugly faces near your's to say...) You are the cutest little guy I've seen in a long time. And I have lived a lot longer than you.

I am glad you like Goodnight Moon. It is one of my favorite books too. I am a librarian. If you don't know what a librarian is, your mom might be able to explain. You see, I let people take books from my home to their home for a few days as long as they take good care of them and bring them back to me. Taking care of books is hard for some people. People like to read books in bathtubs and sometimes they drop them in the water which ruins most books. They also like to eat while they read and they can get food on the pages (yuck!) Anyway, I hope you continue to read because it makes you smart!

Take care you little cutey!

Kim