Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Summer school

Today was my first day of summer school. My friends Ella and Abe were there too. I go to a different school with different teachers and different classmates than my other school. This is only for the summer. This is why it's called Summer School. Daddy has a new job too, working for a place that's named after a kind of fruit that begins with the first letter of the alphabet. It's a summer job though. So he only works during the summer. When summer is over, it's back to my other school for me. It's also back to school for Daddy. Mommy continues to work at her same work, Akemi Designs. Sometimes I pretend that I work for Akemi Designs too. I cut up all of Mommy's paper. I sometimes also call my work Lennon Designs.

At first I felt shy in this new place. I felt comfortable after a little bit. When Ella came, she also was very shy and clung to her daddy. I asked her, "Ella are you shy?" Ella said, "Yes I am!" and then she didnt' say anything else. Later, after our morning snack of juicy oranges, apples, and crunchy crackers, we played in this big table-box thing that had dried beans, rice, and pasta. It was sort of like a sandbox without the sand. Ella looked happier. I asked her, "Ella, are you talking now?" She said yes and so she and I played.

Summer school is really fun. There are lots of friendly kids in my class. Today we walked to the park. Summer school hours are not as long as my regular school, so Mommy picks me up before nap time. I don't really like napping much these days though. I'd much rather play in Mommy's office so I can see her make her no-no face. Works every time.

Oh, I have this really neat lunch box. It's in the shape of a robot! The food goes in the tummy. His head also opens up to hold extra goodies. Today Mommy made a card with a "Y" on the front and a drawing of Daddy, Mommy, and me on the inside with a heart in the corner. Yay! Another boy in my class has a robot lunch box too. He accidentally took my robot. He thought it was his. I pointed out his mistake by showing him my name on the back. He gave it back to me and he found his own robot lunch box. Lunch sure is yummy when it's eaten from a robot's tummy!

1 comment:

Jules said...

lunch notes from Mommy and Daddy are the best! sounds like summer school will be fun! we sure miss you and your parents :P