Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


Today is Easter. It's a day to celebrate spring. It's also about chocolate and eggs. And going to the park. First, we had an Easter Egg hunt in my backyard. Daddy wanted to know if the Easter Bunny should hide the eggs. I told him, "No, the Easter Bunny isn't real. You and Mommy hide the eggs!" The Easter Bunny isn't real like Santa Claus. Silly, Daddy should know that.

My little 2 year old neighbor Z had her first egg hunt. I hid the eggs for her and then she and her mommy looked for them. Z really liked pouring the eggs out of the basket and hearing them go Crack! Crack! Crack! I hope she washed the eggs off before she ate them.



Then Mommy and Daddy hid my eggs so I could find them. Some of them were easy to find. But I had a lot of green colored eggs that looked a lot like the color of the plants in our backyard. They were tricky to find. But I found them. Eventually.



After the egg hunt, we packed our lunch for the picnic at the big park by our house. The Sisters are there every Easter and host a big celebration. We went early for the Easter Egg Hunt. I didn't get any eggs there though because I was kind of nervous being with so many people and I couldn't see Mommy or Daddy. A little girl gave me two of her eggs when she saw I had none. She was very nice to do that. Inside the plastic eggs were chocolates! Yummy!



We set up our big blanket on the grass and sat with my friend Izzy and her family. They brought homemade Challah bread using Daddy's sourdough starter.



We had a great time eating, playing, and seeing all the Sisters. The Sisters are actually grown up boys dressed up as girls. They wear a lot of pretty dresses and fancy makeup.



Mommy said she wishes she was a guy so she could dress up like a girl. Mommy is so silly!



Izzy's auntie's friend James is a Sister. He made a special hat that looks like a big orange flower! With big bees that fly around his head! But they aren't real bees. Just stuffed animal ones. I wasn't afraid.



There were so many people at the park! It's nice to see everyone out on such a nice day.



Lots of people dressed up. Some people wore all pink! Pink is a good color. Maybe I'll dress up next time in my princess costume.



I can't wait until next Easter!

No comments: