Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm Five!

Today is my fifth birthday. If you were to ask me how old I am, I could hold out one open hand and show you all my fingers. There are five. That means I am five years old. Yay!

This morning I had yummy tiny pancakes and baked apples with cinnamon and sugar. Daddy made them. Then we all prepared for my birthday party at the big park near our house. I put the sprinkles on the ice cream cone-shaped cupcakes.

I got a lot of presents. I didn't even ask for them. I have never seen so many presents for me before. They are all lovely. I got stickers and art boxes and books and clothes and so much good stuff. A lot of my friends drew me really beautiful pictures. I have a great collection of drawings now.

My friends in my class made a book with their drawings for my birthday. It's very special. One of my friends can draw a dragon really good. He must practice a lot. I keep that special drawing book with my other special drawing book that I got for my third birthday at my first preschool. They are both very special to me.

Mommy asked how I feel being five. I had to be honest. "I'm sick. Today is my birthday and I'm sick." I'm coughing a lot, my throat hurts a lot, and I might stay home from school. I don't want my friends at school to get sick. And shhh, don't tell, but I kinda like hanging out at home.

I do like being five though. I'm a big kid!

2 comments:

Sabrina Ko said...

Happy Birthday, Yoshi! Sorry I missed it. I was sick too and stayed at home so that my mom could take care of me all weekend. You know what that's like, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!