Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Swimming!


I asked Mommy and Daddy for swim lessons. I've been asking them for over a year. Maybe even more than that. Finally they listened to me because a couple weeks ago I took my very first lesson. It was so much fun!

My swim teacher lets me borrow goggles. Goggles are kind of like glasses (the kind you wear, not the kind you drink from, silly). But goggles have a stretchy band that goes around your head. And the goggles kind of stick to your face like a suction cup. Not that I put suction cups on my face.

My swim teacher also puts these funny, flat, floppy fins on my feet. They are kind of like shoes, but for swimming instead of walking.

I can hold my breath and swim underwater.

I can climb out of the pool without using the step-stairs.

I can sit on my bottom and jump in!

I can swim to the bottom of the pool and pick up a toy.

I earned a green ribbon for learning things! I am now learning more things to earn my blue ribbon.


The swimming pool is toasty and indoors. The building is close to the Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. I can see the old jail on the island. It's called Alcatraz. I heard that some people swim from the jail to the shore. Maybe I'll try that when I learn how to swim gooder.



I can't wait for my next swim class!

No comments: