Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of kindergarten!



Today I start Kindergarten. Mommy, Daddy and I all woke up early. Before 7am. Daddy makes pancakes, cut up fresh fruit, put fresh whipped cream on top. It all looks so good, but I am too nervous to eat. "My tummy is nervous!"

Mommy and Daddy say that it's okay if I'm not hungry. I help make my lunch. I wrap my salami and cream cheese sandwich in shiny foil. I put in my sandwich with my Bento box of cheese and carrots. I even put in a cookie that we made last night. Special treat! I make sure my favorite water bottle is filled up.

We all put our shoes on, I make sure I have my lunch bag attached to my backpack, and then we walk to school.



I see other kids walking to school. Daddy tells me the guy holding the Stop Sign with a handle is the Crossing Guard. He guards very well.



The sun is still not all the way up in the sky. Our shadows are very long. I wish I was as tall as my shadow. Except maybe not flat. I like being roundy.



I see school buses.



The walk is long. Even though the day is early, it's warm out. I'm sweaty already. I get tired walking up the hill (it's hilly in San Francisco!).



I take my vest off and put it in my backpack. Daddy gives me a piggy back ride up the last block to school.



With that extra energy saved up from Daddy carrying me, I am able to play on the brand new playground.



My favorite are the monkey bars. It's in a circle so I can go around and around.




I meet my teacher. She is nice. She already knows my name. I introduce her to my friend J who went to preschool with me. We are in the same class!! And speaking of class, I go in my classroom and see my name under the "Y" with a yo-yo. Neat! I put my backpack there.

I sit on the carpet with my friend J and some other kids I met a couple weeks ago. I am already having a good time.



Soon my teacher kicks out the parents. Some of the kids cry. Some of the parents cry. Mommy and Daddy are happy. So am I.

"Bye Mommy! Bye Daddy!" I give them a hug, kiss, nosey, and they leave.



I like it here. I think I'll stay for a while.

2 comments:

Sabrina Ko said...

What a big girl!

ornerymama said...

Way to go, Yoshi! Sounds like a great day. You are all grown up!