Pages

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tumbling like a tumble weed

Mommy and Daddy think I might be shy at my first day of gymnastics, but I am so excited to see so many cool things that I have no time to feel shy. WOW!! It's like a playground that's inside! The first thing I do is run over to climb a ladder up to the uneven bars. Then I run to the other side of the gym and swung from the trapeze bar. I swing there a lot. Then I climb another ladder, this time backwards, and walk across a balance beam, and then slide down backwards on the slide at the other end. I jump on a trampoline and bump heads with another kid. Bonk! No worries. I climb off and swing from these two rings that hand down from a rope. Whee!!! Then I climb up on a big, foamy, half circle thingy and try to balance. I get some help from Daddy. Then I crawl through a tunnel. More balance beam. I do footie wall (Mommy calls it a handstand). I also hang upside down on a bar by myself. My gymnastics teacher sings songs, dances, and does all sorts of fun things with the kids. Yay! The time went by very fast. Next thing I knew it was time to leave. I wanted to swing on the giant tire swing, but I was too late. It will have to wait until next week when I go back. I will try to remind Mommy to bring the camera.

No comments: