Pages

Friday, March 31, 2006

Spring Break!


This week is Spring Break. This means that Spring is here and we all need to rest. Either that, or Spring is Broken. We started off the week with some sidewalk chalk drawing. It didn't last very long with all the rain.

Mommy and Daddy wanted us to go camping, but we haven't had a dry day in a long time. They looked on a map for any dry place and there are none in California. Maybe they need to look at a map that isn't wet.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Instead of camping outside, we camped indoors for a day. I had my first 'smore. It was super duper yummy. First, you take graham crackers and put some pieces of chocolate on them. You then roast marshmallows in the toaster oven on a piece of shiny foil and make them get gooey. You put the hot marshmallows on the chocolate cracker, then put another graham cracker on top. It makes the best sandwich ever! Mm! MMm!!! I also popped a couple marshmallows in my mouth and went bonkers. Mommy said something about "baby crack" but I didn't notice anything broken.

Mommy and Daddy set up the tent inside. It took up the entire living room. The tent smelled a little stinky. Just this week, I got a new air-bed and it fits inside the tent. That's where I slept. Fun!

Today, I watched a movie at a movie theater. I actually snuck in for free, lied about my age, and smuggled in some food. Mommy calls me a "rebel" but I say, "I'm Yoshi!" Silly Mommy. I saw Curious George. It was really fun! Mommy said that I also saw Spiderman 2 and another film or two in the theater, but I was too young to remember. Anyway, Curious George is about a cute little monkey and a man in a yellow hat. Unlike a book, a movie has moving pictures on a big screen, kind of like a TV screen, but HUGE! It takes up an entire wall. And not a small wall--a big one. I sat on the seat and ate popcorn and watched the movie. I can't wait to go to another one but Daddy says I will have to wait until he can afford to spend another 35 bucks on a matinee.

I also got mail from my Portland friends, Jay and Julie. They know about my potty training progress and decided to help me along with a new book. I love getting mail! I also love Jay and Julie! If you can't see my video, click here.

1 comment:

ornerymama said...

Your parents are way cool to let you camp in the house and eat smores!