Pages

Monday, March 13, 2006

My big head

In my class, there are wooden gates to keep us kids from getting into places we really want to go to. Each gate has three port holes for us to peek our faces in. Each hole looks smaller than the size of my head. Note that I say "looks smaller." My friends and I stick our faces in these holes and look to the other side. One day last week, I lean back against the gate and somehow I get my head stuck in the hole. Seeing as how I am backwards, I step forward to try to get my head out. No luck. I somehow turn around and now an faced toward the gate. I pull my head. I'm stuck! I panic. "Wahh!!!!" Daddy is there for Parent Participation. "Daddy!!" I cry. He and my teacher Fong try to pull me out. Fong brings out some goopy stuff called Vaseline and rub it all over my head. Daddy lifts me up and pulls while Fong attempts to squeeze my head through. Still no luck.

I feel like Winnie the Pooh when he got stuck in in that hole from eating too much Hunny. My friends ask, "What's wrong with Yoshi???" I'm really embarrassed and desperate at this point to get out. "Waahhhh!! I'm stuck!!! I need help!!!" Daddy tries his best to calm me.

Fong tells me that the only way to get my head out is to remember how I got it in there. She goes on and says I need to get in the same position and do everything backwards. Hmm... think, Yoshi, think! I tell myself. I close my eyes for a moment and relax. Aha! I know what I need to do. I get into position and moments later Daddy and Fong get me out. I'm saved!

The next day, plexiglass covers the holes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Yoshimi!

Long time no see. Nice blog. A similar thing happened to me when I was 1 year old, and I stuck my head through the rungs of a ladder to look at my older sister on the other side. When I pulled my head back, I couldn't breathe, and turned blue. My sister Anna went to get my mom, who gave me mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and took me to the hospital. I survived, only lost a few hundred thousand brain cells... :P It's a good thing your daddy was there to help you.

The designers of the toy with the ladder changed it so that kids can't stick their heads through anymore. The toys are still around, made by Playskool.

:) Molly Z.