Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of First Grade!



Today was my first day of first grade.

Usually I sleep without clothes on because I get hot. But last night I wanted to make sure I would not be late for school, so after Mommy and Daddy gave me my bedtime hug-kiss-nosies, I put on my school clothes. Then I went to sleep. In the morning Mommy found me sleeping in my clothes. I told her that I wanted to be ready for school. She said that I'm very efficient, whatever that means.

After eating a toasty bowl of oatmeal sprinkled with brown sugar for breakfast, I brushed my teeth, put on my shoes, and put on my backpack (with my lunch bag inside). We went out the door but then I realized it was super cold so I put on my sweatshirt. I didn't zip it up though 'cause I didn't want to cover up my doggie picture on the front of my shirt.

Mommy, Daddy and I walked to school. The big hill didn't feel so big this time. Mommy said it's because I'm stronger now than when I was in kindergarten. I walked ahead of them on the last couple blocks because I was so excited.

We actually made it to school before the bell rang. This hardly happened last year. We always ran late for some reason. They really should just make the bell ring later. Then we would never be late. It was great seeing everyone again. Except for the boy team that my team always runs away from. We usually play Chase. I don't always like it though.

I lined up with my class and we walked in the room together. My teacher is very nice and she told us the rules of the classroom and all that. I found at my desk my very own box of 24 new crayons. And pink scissors! And a pencil! And an eraser!

I had lots of fun in first grade. Except that we only get to play once in the classroom. The rest of the time we do first grade work. But that's okay. It's still fun. And we get to play a lot in the After School Program too.

And guess what else? On the walk home, Mommy and I saw the SF parrots near our house. What a long, happy day!

1 comment:

baystar23 said...

---

you are so awesome. can i be a member of your fan-club?

---