Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Inauguration, chapter 1


Day 1
January 17
Philly

I woke up Saturday morning very excited. Daddy, Mommy and I got our bags that we packed the night before and put them in our car. Then we put ourselves in our car. Then our car took us to the airport.

At the airport, we checked in our big, red backpack. The one we take on our big travels. We kept the small, green back with us. That held my plane activities like my books, my babies (grown ups call them stuffed animals), some crayons.

We had breakfast at the airport. I wanted to have red and green jello, but Mommy and Daddy said that wasn't a good idea for breakfast. It seemed like a good idea to me. We had dim sum and shared a croissant and some juice.

On the airplane, I kept myself busy. I'm an only child, so I'm good at entertaining myself. Mommy and Daddy played some puzzles, but not the kind with the pieces that fit together. The kinds where you write letters or numbers in squares in a magazine. Then Mommy and Daddy took turns reading to me.

The plane ride was long. By the time we landed in Philadelphia, the sun was already going to bed. And it was cold, so, incredibly terribly cold. Brrr. I was not prepared for the cold. I told Mommy, "I didn't realize it would be so cold."

We rode in a cab to the hotel. Daddy asked the nice driver, "Is it always this cold in the winter time?" The Cabby guy said, "No. It's usually colder." Yikes. How do people not turn into popsicles here?


Uncle Woody lives in Philly, and he came over to our hotel to see us. Uncle Woody is nice. He grew out his beard to keep his face warm. He looks sorta like a bear with glasses.

We walked outside to get another cab. Daddy said it was less than 10 degrees outside. That must mean super duper wuper cold.

We went to place called Pat's for Philly Cheese Steaks. It's a sandwich with cheese and steak. The guy at the window where you order the food called Daddy a Butthead. I'm not sure why.



There is no inside eating area, so we eat outside in that super cold weather. Instantly my food turned not hot. I ate French Fries.



After we ate, we walked a half a block and ran into another restaurant to eat more food. The real reason was just to be indoors and warm up. But I decided that pizza sounded good so I had a slice.

Then we went back to the hotel. Singing in the Rain, my new favorite musical, was on TV. I watched it. Mommy and I sang and danced around and jumped on the beds while Don Lockwood sang and danced around on TV.

Daddy's friend from collage was visiting her parents in a place called New Jersey. Her name is Dee. She's fun. She came over to visit. She asked me to be in her wedding. Yay!



Then Uncle Woody and Dee left.

Then we went to sleep.

No comments: