Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bedtime talks

Shh.... don't tell Mommy and Daddy I'm blogging right now. I'm supposed to be asleep in bed.

Tonight one of my fingers hurt. I called for someone to help me:

Me (calling out in a whiny voice): My finger stings!

Mommy (in her annoyed voice): What? Your finger is bleeding?

Me: No! My finger STINGS!!

Mommy: Your finger stinks? (she comes into my room.) What's wrong with your finger?

Me: It stings. I tried to pick my nose with my finger, but it stings too much, so I can't. (frown)

Mommy: I can give you magic sparkles to make it better. (she moves her fingers around my hands really quick-like.) There. All better?

Me: I can't see the magic sparkles.

Mommy: That's because it's magic. You can't see magic. That's why it's called magic.

Me: Thanks, Mommy!

Mommy's about to walk out the door, then I remember something else I want to tell her:

Me: Did you know that I can see dreams even before I fall asleep?

Mommy: You can? That's neat! You must have magic too!

Me: Can you see dreams before you fall asleep?

Mommy: Nope.

Me: Well, if you see your dreams before you fall asleep, wake me up and tell me, okay? But if you forget, that's okay too. Good night!

Mommy: Good night, Lamb.

No comments: