Pages

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Meanies

Today Mommy, Daddy, and I hosted a baby shower for our neighbors Brandon and Marisa. I did not see any showers or their baby. They keep telling me that the baby is in Marisa's belly, but I don't understand why a baby would stay in there when there is so much fun stuff to do outside.

Earlier today, Mommy and Daddy bought a large cardboard turtle. They said it was a "pin-ya-tah." I made good friends with the turtle. Later, at the baby shower, Daddy hung up the turtle on the large tree in our front yard. Then people started hitting the turtle with a stick. I cried, "NO!!!" But they kept on hitting my friend, the turtle. I tried to rescue him when he fell, but Daddy hung him up again. Marisa whacked off one of the legs. Then another leg fell off. Then Daddy hit him really hard and the entire body flew off. I screamed. My buddy was dead.

But I suppose all was not lost. Instead of bleeding red stuff, candy came out of him. I ate a candy bar. Daddy said it was the turtle's spleen. Whatever it was it sure tasted good.

No comments: